*Started running at a very young age 8-9 years.
* Started winning in school events which kept me interested. By the age of 15-16 started practicing seriously and picked 800m and 1500m as the favorite distance .
* Went on to captain and represent at school, college and university level .
* Represented district, clubs and railways (as a dependent of a railway employee).
* In the mid eighties started my own club and used to organize 3 mile road races every year on 2nd Oct .
* In 1992 was elected the Zonal Representative of Bengal Road Race association from Midnapore district Once in corporate had to take a complete break.
* Restarted my second innings in 2013 when I quit my job after 22 years in IT
*Specialized in Athletics Continuously Champion in Sprints Event 100mts, 200mts, 4 × 100 Relay From 2003 to 2012.
*ACHIEVEMENTS : Many Natioanl & International Achievements in Common Wealth games Delhi 2010 ,Asia Games & Many others
*Winner of the BRONJE MEDAL in 4 × 100 Relay in 19th COMMON WEALTH GAMES at Delhi in 2010.
*KARNATAKA STATE AWARDS : EKALAVYA AWARD 2006 , KARNATAKA RAJYOSTSVA AWARD 2010