TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Entry Requirements: 1. The event entry fees should be paid in full.
2. The last date for registering (with payment) for GMC2016 is 30th September 2016 3. All riders must be of or above the age 18 as of 30-Sept-2016. ID proof such as DL or Passport copy should be produced when requested. 4. Each rider, upon registering for the event, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance that is specified for GMC2016 5.
3.The organizers may, in their absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse a registration.
1. GMC2016 is an MTB (Mountain Terrain Bike) challenge and only MTBs are permitted in this event. Road, Hybrid, non-gear bicycles and any other bicycles that don’t qualify or are categorized under MTB are not permitted.
2. Riders can get their own MTBs to the event. The organizer will assist to ferry the bikes from and to Bangalore (Event entry fee covers the transit charges).
3. Riders who do not own an MTB can hire it from us. (Follow the instructions during registration). 4. The rider by registering confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness. In particular, the ability to complete long distance and over very hilly terrain on the event.
Support & Assistance:
1. The organizer will assist to ferry your MTBs from and to Bangalore (Event entry fee covers the transit charges). Your MTBs should be deposited with us by 30-Sept-2016 at the ICYCLE.in studio.
2. The organizer will not take any responsibility to ferry the riders. All riders are expected to arrange for reaching the venue on 14-Oct-2016 by their own and acknowledge their presence by 08:00 PM latest with the event organizers. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
1. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event (GMC2016), due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure. In such an event, each participant’s entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event.
2. If the event (GMC2016) is cancelled, the registered rider will receive a refund of 100% of the actual event entry fee paid by him/her. Refund will be done to the bank account (bank account details will be sought) within 30 working days from the date of such communication or receiving the bank account details.
3. No refund, exchange or transfer of the event entry fee is allowed if the participant intends to withdraw, not attend or unable to complete the full event due to injury or any other reasons. 4. If, during the event, the rider decides to withdraw due to ill health or injury, he/she should communicate to the event organizers. Withdrawing will disqualify him/her from the competition and the benefits arising thereof. There will be no refund of the event entry fees.
1. Ride communications will principally be made via email and SMS. The rider should therefore provide a valid email address and phone number.
2. It is the rider’s responsibility to read all information (especially Terms & Conditions) that is made available on the website (www.greatmalnadchallenge.in), in email newsletters and all other communications concerning the event. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Risk & Injury: The rider acknowledges and agrees that participation in GMC2016 is inherently dangerous and that he/she participates in the event at his/her own risk.
The risks associated with participating in the event include but are not limited to the risk that:
1. the rider may be involved in a collision with people, animals, vehicles and/or other objects; 2. the rider may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
3. the rider may suffer from physical exertion;
4. the rider may lose his/her balance and the rider may fall from the bicycle. and these risks may result in the rider suffering harm including but not limited to death, physical or mental injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that he/she wears appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet at all times of riding. Compliance with Laws & Safety: 1. During the event, the rider must comply with all traffic and road laws, all directions issued by police and/or all instructions given by The organizer. Failure to do so may result in the rider being disqualified from the event. 2. The rider MUST wear a helmet at all times during the event while riding a bicycle. 3. The rider must ride in a safe and responsible manner during the event and use common sense at all times. 4. The rider must exercise caution on all public roads and other thoroughfares and ride defensively and courteously. 5. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to exercise caution. 6. Each rider is fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. Health & Preparation: 1. The rider is responsible for ensuring that he/she has adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Ride. If the rider has any health issues or doubts prior to the ride, he/she should immediately seek appropriate medical advice. 2. If, during the event, the rider becomes ill or is injured, the organizer will endeavour to arrange medical transport, usually in an ambulance to the nearest hospital (if required). 3. It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure they have adequate food and drink during the ride. Accommodation: 1. Accommodation is provided from the night of 14-Oct-2016 till 22-Oct- 2016. 2. Accommodation will be on sharing basis. Depending on the availability, stay will be arranged either in hotels, home-stays, resorts or pitchedtents. 3. The organizer will make all efforts to ensure that each of the participants is stationed at a hotel/lodge. However, in the event of excessive participation or rooms being over booked, camping tents (with twin sharing capacity) will be made available. Authority & Liability: 1. The event will be held outdoors and will proceed notwithstanding weather conditions (unless the weather condition is so deemed to be extremely poor) on all days of the event. The organizer is not liable to the rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind including, but not limited to, refund of entry fees, in the event of poor weather before or during the event. 2. The organizer reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse to allow the rider to participate in the event or to remove the rider from the event for breach of these terms and conditions or if it otherwise determines it is appropriate to do so. 3. The organizer reserves the right to change or vary the event without notice. It also reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or change the time or place of the full event or any part of the event for any reason and at any time prior to the commencement of or during the event. Riders do not have the right to claim a refund in the event of afore mentioned changes. 4. The organizer as part of the event safety will enforce all ride criteria and guidelines to ensure a safe event for riders and the nonevent community. 5. The organizer does not take responsibility for the loss, theft or damage of valuables or belongings of the riders. Riders: 1. The rider is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. The organizer does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions. 2. The rider acknowledges and agrees that he/she may be photographed or filmed during the event and consents to The organizer using the rider’s picture and likeness contained in any photographs or film for publicizing the event and for promoting any future ride or event to be staged by The organizer. 3. The rider acknowledges that details such as name, age group, gender, race category, finish time, finishing position and pictures or videos may appear on the public list, media, website or social media. 4. Private support vehicles are not permitted during the event. 5. The riders should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard his/her personal belongings or valuables. DISCLAIMER Any information found on our website is intended for guidance purposes only. The website, price and availability of information are subject at our discretion to change without notice to you. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.